RSPCA Inspector Nicole Broster said: “This poor cat was in an extreme amount of pain from his horrific injuries and he was very scared and frightened.
“This is the worst glue trap incident I have ever seen and dealt with.”
Miles was taken to the RSPCA Harmsworth Hospital for treatment and to have the traps removed, but after his condition deteriorated rapidly he was put to sleep.
On top of his extensive injuries, it is thought the cat may have ingested some of the glue while trying to free himself.
Ms Broster added: “I find the use of glue traps